About Me

My photo
I'm the author of the novels OBJECTS OF MY AFFECTION, THE NEXT THING ON MY LIST and FLIP-FLOPPED. I live in Los Angeles. Visit me at jillsmolinski.com Join me on Facebook

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Names for Book Clubs

One of the things I've noticed since I've been calling in to "join" book clubs  reading THE NEXT THING ON MY LIST is that most of these groups have given themselves a name.

A few of my favorites:  
•  The Booked for Lunch Gals (they meet every fourth Saturday for lunch)
•  The Well Red Book Club (they meet at a winery)
•  Chapter Chat
•  WHORS (Women of Hilliard Ohio Reading Society)
•  Nerdy Birdies
•  Diva-Lit
•  Book Broads & John (he got his own mention since he wasn't a broad).  

I belong to a book club that's been together more than 20 years.  We don't have a name - although we do refer to ourselves collectively as "the chicks."  Given the fact that over the years we've gone through more bottles of wine at meetings than books, maybe we could be "the winos."

Does your book club have a name?  How did you come up with it?  Any ideas what we could name mine considering that we're disorganized, rarely all read the book, have no rules, but have nonetheless managed to hang in there for decades?

No comments:

Post a Comment